systemd or why will user fall away from fedora?

Christof Damian christof at damian.net
Wed Aug 25 10:20:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 23:06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Till Maas wrote:
>> If they like a faster bootup, then yes, they will. And I as a
>> workstation user like it.
>>

> [citation needed]
>
> I asked for this and was told by developers they were reluctant to post
> the data.

I also wonder who these people are who boot their computers so often
that boot-up speed makes any difference over a whole day.

I like the on-demand service features of systemd though. I just hate
that Fedora will be a different beast from any other Linux for the
foreseeable future.

It will also be interesting to see what this will mean in relation to
RHEL, because one of the reasons I use Fedora is that I can transfer
stuff I learn and use on Fedora to RHEL/CentOS. If they are very
different I can as well choose one SuSe (if I want to stick with RPM
at least).

Christof