drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Aug 25 13:11:41 UTC 2010

On 08/25/2010 03:05 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius<rc040203 at freenet.de>  writes:

>>> Well, at least "at" is a nice command and some people use it, but…

>>> … it's time we drop such legacy junk!
>>
>> What you offend as "legacy junk" is mandated by POSIX:
>
> POSIX mandates a lot of legacy junk.

No disagreement, ed has outlived itself, but "standards" are around for
reasons ... e.g. to have a reliable foundation for other stuff.

Besides this, I can't find arguing against a 50k application in the
light of the 100's of MB of "hardly functional, but modern kiddy junk"
Fedora is loaded with, to be laughable.

Ralf