drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Aug 25 15:35:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 09:01 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > FWIW, I'm with Jon and Adam on this one. I just don't see how not having
> > an MTA by default is a win, except in disk space terms, and it takes up
> > a tiny amount of disk space (especially if we pick a lighter-weight one
> > than sendmail to be the default). I think it makes sense to keep one,
> > for all the good reasons they cited.
>
> It also takes up live image space, which is a very scarce resource, it's
> always a fight to keep our live images within the size constraints.

The fairly freakin' outdated size constraints? I wish we could resurrect
that thing from F13 about making the live images 1GB. No-one burns them
to CDs any more.

(BTW, Size        : 1618955 - it's 1.6MB, installed. That's pretty tiny
even by live CD standards.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey