systemd or why will user fall away from fedora?

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Wed Aug 25 17:43:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 18:37 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 09:31:30AM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
> > [jcm at constitution ~]$ uptime
> >  09:28:22 up 24 days, 16:32,  9 users,  load average: 1.17, 0.50, 0.37
>
> So you're running an insecure kernel? Our security churn is bad enough
> right now that rebooting is something people do fairly regularly.

Yup, this desktop is running a kernel that still needs upgrading. I've
scheduled some time later this week to build a new one and test it
before I reboot the machine, but I won't be doing a yum update. When
I've got anecdotal evidence that updates have weeklong soak test time,
the barrier to entry is much higher, or similar, then I will do that.

Jon.