fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

jpirie23 at gmail.com jpirie23 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:14:38 UTC 2010

> And some of us students switched to
>Fedora *because of* the stable
>updates vision.

>In my experience, the lack of Fedora users >at my university is mostly
>due to other distros having better >marketing and the fact that new
>people will use whatever they can get help >with (ie. whatever distro
>their friends are using).  It has little to >nothing to do with "people
>slowly destroying what Fedora is all about."

Could not agree more strongly with you. +1.

IMHO this is the distribution that all of the Computer Science students should be using and I encourage many to use it, but in the cases I know of where they are not, it has nothing to do with those aforementioned people and more to do with loyalty to a Debian based distribution for one reason or another (usually because their other distro is less technically challenging and they opt for the lazy route!).