If you cannot boot after installing systemd v8...

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Thu Aug 26 10:32:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:58:41 +0200 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> We shifted a few files around and most likely your
> /etc/systemd/system/default.target link will now point into the void,
> in case anaconda wrote it.

That's unfortunate, especially because people upgrading from Alpha will
hit this problem. A lot of them will not read this mailing list. We do
not want to cause people to be scared of using Fedora test releases.

How about making the postinstall script in systemd-units detect this
condition (default.target pointing to a nonexistent file) and fix it up
automatically?

Michal