systemd and changes

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Aug 26 18:29:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 10:08 +0000, Matej Cepl wrote:

> > With the old network service it was still possible to manually use
> > iwconfig and wpa-supplicant and therefore WPA. Or to create a OpenVPN
> > tunnel, which I would prefer more than using WPA in terms of security.
> > But with NetworkManager running, the command line tools usually do not
> > work as expected.
>
> NetworkManager-openvpn works great here and yes it does create tun0.

Great. It works fine on a laptop, in general. But on a
desktop/server/workstation that is connected for weeks at a time (like
mine), I don't want to have to do clicky buttony stuff just to make my
network work. Nothing has yet proved as simple as the "network" scripts,
though I'm sure we could shove in a few layers of
g-whatever-it's-called-now-conf for good measure.

Jon.