fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 26 19:21:53 UTC 2010

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> We probably need to attack this trend more aggressively, like putting
> expiration dates into the installer after which it'll just refuse to
> install, stuffing fedora-release-n+1 into the Fedora n updates repository at
> Fedora n's EOL date etc.

Not only is this disingenuous, but it also contradicts Fedora's
"Freedom" policy.  Adding a big fat warning message to the installer,
however, is much less of a problem and gets the message across just as
effectively.  Just make sure that the "expiration date" is far enough
out in the future that we can be certain that it will occur after the
release's EOL date since we don't know when that will be at the time of
image creation.