drop default MTA for Fedora 15

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 26 23:09:30 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> said:
> We're going in circles. I already said that I think the best fix for
> this is to replace sendmail with an MTA which works 'out of the box'.

You need to define "works".  sendmail has always worked out of the box
for some things, including sending mail from local programs to remote
email addresses and delivering mail from local programs to local users.

What more do you want an MTA to do at install?  It was decided a long
time ago that the MTA shouldn't listen for remote SMTP connections by
default.  Pretty much any other thing I can think of (such as delivering
root mail to a non-root user or smarthosting, possibly with
authentication setup) requires manual configuration in any case.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>