systemd and changes

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 27 15:54:32 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> said:
> NM can use old style /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*.  Can't
> you just write those out from your %post section?  Or, if you want all
> the NM features like WPA wireless config, you can use the keyfile
> plugin to write NM ini-style key-value files.  Either way, those are
> text files that are easily handled from shell scripts.

This is rather under-documented I discovered last night.  There is a
document that describes the keyfile plugin config, but it doesn't appear
to be on the NM website, and it isn't included in any Fedora RPM as far
as I found.  I opened BZ 627782 about this; the spec file takes steps to
keep the timestamps on docs (for multilib), but then only includes a
single file (the library API) in an RPM.

The ifcfg-rh plugin doesn't appear to have any documentation at all
(from what I understand, it doesn't support all the same things in
network-scripts that ifup/etc. do, and it adds some things of its own
for WPA and the like).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>