applied, non-theoretical use of systemd

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:11:17 UTC 2010

Matthew Miller wrote:

> And what do the shutdown and poweroff commands do?

OK, I'm back.

I ran shutdown (forgot to add -h now), so it took a bit, from within konsole. It shut
off the system, without running plymouth.

To speed things up, I appended 3 (Lennard wrote that you can still to this) to the
kernel boot line in grub and ran poweroff. The system ran plymouth and powered off.

Now, I'm back and started dnsmasq and privoxy again, no errors, but dig shows that
dnsmasq is not cacheing.

Where are the logs for systemd? In /var/log/messages, maybe?