fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 22:19:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:
> Again, I feel it is necessary to have a survey of Fedora users.
> Preferably annually. And listen to the feedback. If they say "yep, we
> just love the churn, the number of updates" and so forth, then fine. If
> they say "actually we'd like less than 800 updates after installing",
> then also fine. I'm sorry to beat a dead horse, I just feel it is very
> important that we finally, clearly articulate who our users are and what
> they want by treating more like customers and gathering their input.

How would you prevent such a survey opportunity from being dominated
by a vocal minority that wasn't actually representative?  It's a
difficult question.

We can't articulate who are users are. We can articulate who are
target users are. And then we can try to survey that target and see if
we are meeting their needs. Whether or not there is significant usage
outside that target group is an interesting question..but not
necessary the question of most importance.

-jef