fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Fri Aug 27 22:49:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 15:47 -0700, Bob Arendt wrote:

> I think it would be much better for Fedora to decide what it *should* be,
> specifically what the Fedora userspace should be, and excel at that.
> Don't follow the "market" or worry about being the most popular distro
> (unless that's really a goal ..?)  Decide the niche, and be strong in
> that niche.

That is also an acceptable outcome. What is not acceptable is the
current status quo. We either ask our users what they want and do that,
or very explicitly state "This is Fedora, this is what is does, this is
who are userbase is, and this is what we offer".

I am open to either outcome, and I am not immovable, but I am tired of
seeing discussions wherein there seems to lack a clear focus.

Jon.