fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Aug 28 18:05:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 17:43:35 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunate this has the side effect off taking side of one part of the
> community over the other ( and the problem that comes with that ) and
> usually people that are asked in cases like these are not the once
> directly affected by the outcome of that decision.

If two parts of the project have conflicting desires, than one is not
going to get what they want.

> Not following you here as I see it there would be no conflicts if the
> SIGs them selves decided who their target audience is.

SIGs don't work in independent silos. They share code and resources with
the rest of the project. As such they can have conflicts with other SIGs.

> 1)
>      What would be the criteria to determine how to spend those resources.

I don't know. Marketing isn't my field. There is a marketing team and maybe
someone from that group could weigh in on this.

> 2)
>     Should we not then be spending all those resources strictly on core
> components on marketing the community in whole where all would benefit
> not a sub community within the community in whole..

That is still going to favor some SIGs over others.