Search Engine Proposal

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 20:07:51 UTC 2010

2010/8/29 Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com>

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Camilo Mesias wrote:
>
> > > We wish we weren't and we want to learn from our mistakes rather than
> > > repeat them. In the case of the start page I believe it was a
> > > concession combined with the hope that it would be replaced with a
> > > free solution in the future. It at the very least should not used as a
> > > shining example of the way Fedora does things.
> >
> > Is Google really that bad or are some people being a bit too
> > principled? Couldn't we think of the market leader of free-as-in-beer
> > search engines as a commodity and just use it while it's free? I don't
> > fret about running my computer on open source electricity.
> >
> > I think anyone who shudders at the thought of supporting Google by
> > using their search should be condemned to use something that behaves
> > like the RH's bugzilla search for the rest of their career... :)
> >

> We have a free software policy, while we continue to revise it, google's
> search engine is clearly against that policy:
>

> http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/csi/free-software-policy/en-US/html-single/
>
>        -Mike
> --

AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN... http://start.fedoraproject.org/ is using a
Google Search Box... YOU DON'T HAVE THE CODE TO PLAY WITH IT OR ANYTHING...
With "Fedora's engine" I'm giving you the chance of having something more
"opensource" and also more specific and useful for the fedora users...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6