Proprietary search engines

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Tue Aug 31 20:59:27 UTC 2010

> It doesn't seem to be an unavoidable requirement, it says:
>
> "If you proposed Start/Home Page is not similar to the existing Firefox
> Start Page, please be prepared to provide a rationale for the change,
> and how it would benefit the end-user. "
>
> I think we could manage such a rationale.

We can definitely make a rationale for having a bunch of Fedora
resources on the start page, but our rationale for omitting a Google
search box, "it's redundant and promotes a proprietary service", is not
a line of reasoning I would expect Mozilla to accept.  Then again, they
may calculate that they are better off compromising on this issue in
order to keep Fedora using their trademarks.

--
Matt