old_testing_critpath notifications

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 18:46:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 13:23 -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:

> So, for anyone that cares, I will posit a maxim that you can't create a
> policy that creates an unbreakable roadblock without also creating
> either A) a job who's responsibility it is to clear said roadblocks in a
> reasonable period of time or B) lifting the roadblock after a reasonable
> period of time regardless of whether the conditions of the restriction
> were met or not.

Also, the current policy does not in fact constitute an unbreakable
roadblock. It seems to be being ignored in current discussion, but it
contains an exception clause:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Package_update_acceptance_criteria#Exception_process

it's short, but it's there. You can get an exception to the policy with
majority approval from FESCo. Technically speaking, no update is
completely blocked by the current policy.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey