mpfr soname bump in rawhide

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Dec 2 03:30:23 UTC 2010

On 12/01/2010 07:19 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 09:13 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 10:31:59 +0100,
>>    Dodji Seketeli<dodji at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed. But just curious, how do one "arranges a tag"? Is this
>>> documented somewhere? Or you just have to file a ticket?
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo#Requesting_special_dist_tags
>
> Thanks, Bruno! Reply goes for Ivana too. On the topic of Ivana not being
> 'superuser' (I guess you meant provenpackager?), does it make sense for
> anyone who maintains a library that other packages build against to be
> given provenpackager privileges, or at least automatic co-maintainer
> status for those other packages?
Definitely no - This would void the meaning of provenpackager.

Where is the problem in maintainers of packages like mpfr to add
themselves as comaintainers or simply to communicate with the
maintainers of the packages of their library's client.

IMO, you are trying to make a bureaucratic mountain of a mole hill of a
problem, which had not been a serious one ever since fedora is around:
SONAME breakages trigger a series of "breakage mails" and people usually
react upon in it.

Ralf