meego session (fedora netbook) broken in rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 11:43:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After installing the complete stack yesterday and trying to login i
> figured that it doesent work in the current state. Havent deeply
> analyzed it but the first errors in the logs are related to consolekit
> [00.000067]
>
> [11545] user "rkastl", tty #2, session "/usr/bin/mutter --sm-disable"
> [00.014231] [11545] Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit:
> org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected
> send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.285"
> (uid=501 pid=11545 comm="/usr/sbin/uxlaunch)
> interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
> member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)"
> requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0
> pid=1857 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))
> [00.014231] [11545] Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit:
> org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected
> send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.285"
> (uid=501 pid=11545 comm="/usr/sbin/uxlaunch)
> interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
> member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)"
> requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0
> pid=1857 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))
>
> not sure if it is already reported or worth reporting with the current
> rawhide state (or any changes already pending fixing it)

Its already reported. See RHBZ # 642943 , the MeeGo problem in general
is being tracked in # 628921

The session is starting and I get some popups (selinux etc) but I get
the white screen, the above bug doesn't seem to affect it too much,
I'm at a bit of a loss where to go from here but the opensuse guys are
seeing it as well with meego 1.1 on opensuse 11.4 so we're not alone.
I suspect some change in some api or similar but I'm really not sure
where to go from here and any help is appreciated. Planning a blog
post about it very soon.

> kind regards,
> Rudolf Kastl
>
> p.s. i hope that at some point mutter-mbl is either obsolete because
> the changes are finally upstream or atleast properly packaged so it is
> parallel installable. this issue is present since ages now and in
> fedora 15 it will lead to conflicts with the gnome-shell setup. both
> sessions wont be parallel installable.

Nope, not fixed as yet, I keep getting told by both parties "soon" but
still no movement. Sort of flies in the face of MeeGo's upstream first
policy and I would love to see the problem closed.

Cheers,
peter