Adding a new comps group (WAS Re: A comps group for the Design Suite)

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:02:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 10:52 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Sounds great to me.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Hello,
>
> Feature page is here[1]
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Design_Suite_Group
>
> Thanks,
> regards,
> Ankur

So what exactly is the process for getting a new group into comps?  The
wiki[1] indicates that one just needs to consult the devel list for
approval.  Over on the Robotics SIG list, we are throwing around the idea of
adding a Robotics group to comps.xml, in tandem with our stalled Spin effort
for F15.  With or without a Robotics spin, our own comps group would be
beneficial: it keeps all of the important packages in one place and lets the
community know that we take robotics very seriously.  I think it's in a
similar vein as the design suite or the electronics lab, and it's something
we can add to our F15 feature page[2].

Rich

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Comps.xml
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RoboticsSpin