old_testing_critpath notifications

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 3 21:09:58 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> We're working on this. It won't always be practical, however; in the
> current case, for example, you need specific hardware to test mdadm.

Uh, this is md, not dm, you don't need very special HARDWARE (basically only
2 HDDs, which do not even have to be identical, and you might even get away
with only 1 for testing, with absymal performance of course), you do need a
special setup though, which means repartitioning, and so isn't practical to
test on a production machine which isn't already set up that way.

        Kevin Kofler