Firewall

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 23:25:30 UTC 2010

On 12/06/2010 12:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
>> The argument of default firewall or not would probably quiet down quite
>> a bit if we had any sort of decent UI to help users get the firewall out
>> of their way when they're really trying to do something.
>
> +1.  In today's environment, not having a firewall by default is an
> incredibly stupid idea.  What we need to do is fix the UI problems,
> not bypass them by dramatically reducing security.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

I keep seeing claims of "incredibly stupid", and at the same time saying
we need to make it easier to open up ports when they need them.  What is
the default firewall protecting me from, if I'm allowed and hand held
through opening up ports on demand?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!