Fedora default services (was: Re: F15 Feature - convert as many service init files as possible to the native SystemD services)

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 07:52:58 UTC 2010

Dne 7.12.2010 01:03, Matt McCutchen napsal(a):
> I don't agree that ssh is required for a "working system".  A desktop
> user may never ssh to his/her own machine.  (Whether to enable ssh by
> default is a different question.)

Please do keep sshd enabled by default ... be it daemon, inetd service,
systemd service, or whatever is the current fad. It is so useful for
remote administering even very desktop computers of our spouses,
parents, aunts on the other side of the city. Yes, it is difficult to
explain them how to get their current IP address from whatsmyip.com, but
it would cripplingly difficult to explain them how to start a daemon.

Please.

Matěj