Firewall

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 19:16:11 UTC 2010

Dne 7.12.2010 19:57, Stephen John Smoogen napsal(a):
> Or something like that. I do remember a lot of over-engineering and
> then a very simple it does this from Alan. And I remember a lot of
> issues we were having with customers going away after having them run
> it.

There is something weird about firewalls ... whenever anybody starts to
write about them, the result is super-over-complicated unreadable junk.
After fighting with firewalls for years, and while I thought that they
are something scary, I was enlightened in RHCE training, and since then
I have this script (http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/iptables-script
... the current revision) and it works for me well. Sure, ability to
write trivial bash scripts is required, but I don't thing nothing over
the ability of most people using RHEL. Weird. And yes, this is very much
workstation-style laptop, and this serves me well whenever I came with it.

Matěj