Is there any value to per-Fedora branch ACLs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 21:28:38 UTC 2010

On 12/07/2010 10:25 AM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>> While I'm looking into the git setup and ACLs and all this, I have a
>> question.
>>
>> Is anybody seeing any real value of having different commit ACLs per
>> Fedora branch?  I've seen some argument for EPEL vs Fedora, but is there
>> real value in ACLs for f13, f14, devel, etc...?
>

> I'm not sure there is.  I'd like an on ramp to recruit yet to be
> sponsored contributors into helping out by allowing them to patch the
> packaging without build or bodhi rights...give me the ability to
> review their work and do the builds.  But I don't need that on a per
> branch level.
>
> -jef

That can be accomplished by having them do an anonymous clone, commit
their changes locally, and send you the changes via git send-email.  If
you like them, you can git am the emails and the changes will appear in
the repo as authored and with the changelog of the potential contributor.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!