Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-12-08) NEW TIME

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Dec 9 08:45:52 UTC 2010

On Thursday, December 09, 2010 07:25:35 am David Tardon wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 12:02:52PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > * #512 F15Feature: LibreOffice -
> >
> >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/LibreOffice  (nirik, 18:47:27)
> >   * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/512   (nirik, 18:47:27)
> >   * AGREED: Feature is approved.  (nirik, 18:49:05)
>
> Hm, do we require a 'feature' for every added package now? Anyway,
> there was nothing for FeSCo to decide there: LibO is in Rawhide (has
> been there for 2 months, in fact) and OO.o is not. That's all...

One use of features (and I don't want to say the only one!!!) is for marketing
purposes. And actually - it works! I read several Fedora reviews, people talking
about nice new features in Fedora they installed - but that feature wasn't in
final :) Then you can just close your browser and go to find some "journalist"
position somewhere :)))

PS: there's still Contingency Plan if something will go really bad (like Oracle
hires assassins to kill all LibreOffice devels etc. :)

R.

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275