FYI: Off-the-grid in January.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:49:03 UTC 2010

It's that time of year again. I'm heading off to Antarctica again,
which means I'll effectively be unavailable to do any meaningful
Fedora related work.

Since I went through this last year, most if not all of my packages
should have coverage with existing co-maintainers. I'll be checking in
which those people over the next week to give them each a personal
heads-up.

I'll be spending the next couple of weeks getting my packages
updated/refreshed and into rawhide for F15

I am extremely keen on giving up complete maintainership of istanbul
and the related dependency python-xlib.  python-xlib has some
particularly challenging issues in that the upstream project appears
to be in an undead state even though a handful of applications make
use of it as a dependency.  python-xlib has some bugs which I'm having
trouble reproducing and thus having trouble fixing.  It could use more
love than I'm able to provide it. If you have a burning interest in
istanbul or another python-xlib using application, you might want to
talk to me about taking over maintainership of python-xlib.

-jef