hosted reproducible package building with multiple developers?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 11 02:42:39 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:
> I guess giving someone a shell account in a VM is usually not less safe
> than giving someone shell access on the host of the VM, as long as the
> VM does not use kvm and does not run as root.

By "does not use kvm", you mean pure software emulation? Enjoy the factor 50
slowdown!

(Yes, I've tried this, it was the only way for me to build x86_64 packages
locally before I got the Core 2 Duo notebook, as I only had a 32-bit-only
Pentium 4 Northwood desktop and an ancient Pentium II laptop, which was of
course 32-bit-only as well. A package which normally takes 10 minutes to
build took 8 hours under QEMU software emulation.)

        Kevin Kofler