Proposed package blocking due to FTBFS

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Dec 11 04:54:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 01:44:54AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Matt Domsch wrote:
> > Last built on Fedora 12 (52):
>
> Huh?
>
> The right metric is not "when was this last built" but "when was this last
> BUILDABLE". We don't randomly rebuild stuff which doesn't need to be
> rebuilt.
>
> E.g.:
> > celestia-1.5.1-2.fc12 [u'631077 NEW'] (build/make) steve,mmahut
> (the first one on that list) is in F14FTBFS, so it should be recorded as
> last buildable in F13 / during early F14 development.

Fair point, I simply looked at the dist tag when making that list,
instead of looking at the decendents of F*FTBFS which captures the
"when" better.  Doesn't change that I'd like to seem them all fixed if
possible (and several have been since I posted the list), or dropped if
impossible (and a few have been blocked by their owners now as being
dead upstream, unfixable, and/or obsoleted).

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch