ABRT opt-out (was Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo meeting)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 12:14:00 UTC 2010

On Thursday, December 09, 2010 06:24:15 pm Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 17:36 +0100, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> >> so, can we call the RFE: "attach backtrace even when dupe is found" ?
> >
> > or, cooler, 'attach backtrace even when dupe is found *if current
> > backtrace is better than any already attached to the bug*'.
>
> Adam, that would require downloading all the bt from the bugzilla to the
> user and do some comparing on his side (this would be nice to have in
> bz) ... but it is doable...

Inspire from Dr. Konqui again ;-) They have very nice system to pre-detect
possible dups in bz, you can compare your backtraces, set if it's a duplicate
for sure or it's possible duplicate etc. It really works! At least for a little
bit advanced users - it filtered 90% of reports of my crashes ;-)

R.

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275