noexec on /dev/shm

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Tue Dec 14 12:53:37 UTC 2010

Matthew Miller píše v Út 14. 12. 2010 v 07:39 -0500:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:57:51PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > > the MS_NOEXEC flags is in private systemd fstab, see
> > > systemd/src/mount-setup.c:
> > You're not kidding. Could the author of this code (I'm guessing...
> > Lennart?) please explain this extremely bright idea of hard-coding
> > what should be admin-configurable?
>
> That's not a very constructive wording. Filing a bug showing your use-case
> would be helpful.
Changing the semantics of /etc/fstab without any consultation with
fedora-devel or even notification of Fedora that something so
long-standing is changing is hardly constructive either.

I can happily live with "systemd is a new, better init system" without
knowing the details.  I consider "systemd replaces 15% of /etc and
changes semantics of another 5%" without discussing the details in
advance unacceptable for the distribution as a whole, although this
decision is of course FESCo's.
	Mirek