noexec on /dev/shm

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Dec 15 06:17:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14.12.10 17:54, Paul Wouters (paul at xelerance.com) wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>
> >  Of course administrator can temporary override:
> > mount /dev/shm -o remount, nosuid
> >
> > Or even have it stick after reboot, by droping in /etc/systemd/system/
> > following unit definition¹:
>
> No.
>
> You either follow what is in /etc/fstab, or you disallow it from /etc/fstab.
>
> You do not ignore /etc/fstab.
>
> And if for some bad reason you do decided to ignore /etc/fstab, this should
> clearly cause log entries, and there should be a clear man page section for
> the man page in "man fstab" explaining this.
>
> Yes, documentation is not sexy. No source code is not documentation

systemd documentation is actually pretty good and mostly
comprehensive. Humble as I am I would even say that it is vastly
superior to the majority of all open source projects. If you want to
criticise us on something, pick something else, please.

Yes, reading documentation is not sexy, but just bitching isn't reading
documentation.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.