Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Thu Dec 16 21:20:23 UTC 2010

> On 12/16/10 12:22 PM, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > An alternative approach would be to mirror the semantics of tag
> > inheritance by having builds use multiple yum repositories, possibly
> > with priorities, instead of explicitly computing the resulting repodata
> > for every tag.  Would that be feasible?
> >

> Again it would take code, and quite a bit of logic to figure out what
> packages are blocked in various tags to make sure the repo config files
> used exclude the right packages, etc...

How about shipping the block list in the repository metadata and
modifying yum-plugin-priorities to read it and insert the blocks into
the priority dictionary just like packages?  I think that would give the
right semantics.

(I'm not prepared to contribute now.  I'm just having fun speculating
and hoping that if we reach a solution that is easy enough to be
worthwhile, someone will implement it.  Is there a better list for this
discussion?)

--
Matt