Adding packages to buildroot directly from updates-testing

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Dec 20 21:01:09 UTC 2010

fre 2010-12-17 klockan 11:08 -0700 skrev Kevin Fenzi:

> For the second point, I'm not sure what the delay time people are
> seeing is. Currently Rex is doing almost all of these overrides.
> Perhaps we could get some more folks to step up to process them? Or
> open them up to provenpackagers or something (although that may be
> difficult to do with koji's permissions model).

See my a proposal on changed methology which would to a large extent
eleminate the need for overrides as a tool for solving update paths,
limiting the use of overrides to.. well, can't really figure out any use
case where overrides would really be needed if that relatively small
change to yum is done.

Regards
Henrik