abrt wishlist

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 11:25:27 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 11:29 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 09.12.10 10:51, Adam Jackson (ajax at redhat.com) wrote:
>
>> Here's some of my pet irritations with abrt.  Feel free to add your own,
>> but please keep the gratuitous "me too"ing to a minimum.
>>

> Here is my feature request:
>
> I want some kind of D-Bus interface which I can use to hook up
> "systemctl status" with abrt, so that we can somehow refer to specific
> crash dumps in case systemd recieved SIGSEG/SIGABRT for a specific service.
>
> (I discussed this a couple of times with ABRT folks, but to my knowledge
> nothing ever happened in this area)

Hi Lennart,
I remember it and it's in our TODO list, but has a low priority, so
that's why it's taking so long and we can prioritize this if needed.
Btw, ABRT has a dbus interface, but probably not flexible enough to use
with systemctl - it can give you the list of all crashes and then you
would have to search for the specific crash "manually" and it doesn't
provide an introspection, so you would have to either read the code or I
can send you API description. And since systemctl is the only
application which wants to use it you can send me your idea of how
exactly you imagine to call it from systemctl and I can work on it
during Christmas holiday and make the API according to your idea..

Jirka