Package-specific test case and critical path test case project: drafts for review

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 17:25:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 15:53 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> From a quick glance over this looks good to me, and I would be happy to
> start trying to make test cases. A few random things:
>
> * Would it be worth noting that anyone can make a test case, it doesn't
>   need to be the maintainer, right?

Indeed - I kind of left this assumed, I'm not sure it's entirely
appropriate for an SOP doc, but it wouldn't really hurt to add it.

> * Also, might be worth noting that if you run into a specific bug as a
>   maintainer and fix it, thats a great time to go add a test case to
>   specifically test that (since it's fresh in your mind).

interesting, I'll add it to the draft and see how it looks...

> * finally, it's ok to just start in on some tests and add them over
>   time, right? We don't want to care if a package has incomplete
>   coverage right off the bat right?

definitely, yes. some tests always beats no tests. do you think the
current pages don't make that sufficiently clear?

> Yeah, tough one. Not sure how best to handle that. Perhaps just a
> 'Dependencies:' type header asking you to make sure you test dependent
> packages and see their test cases?

it's possible but feels hackish and likely to go crufty...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey