Draft privilege escalation policy for comments

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 1 18:51:42 UTC 2010

Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> That's not the intent: "mechanism" is "the code that causes running
> something as root", in this case DBus activation, not "the code running
> as root" (a DBus server).

Oh, if that's the intent, that's of course perfectly fine.

I'd be happy to provide any needed documentation about KAuth, but you'll
only really need it if you want to run checks on the source code, as KAuth
uses existing mechanisms (PolicyKit (both 1 and 0.9 are supported), D-Bus
activation) for the actual privilege escalation, it's just a source-level
abstraction layer (so for example, you won't find a PolicyKit policy in the
source code, but a KAuth policy which is converted to a PolicyKit policy at
build time).

        Kevin Kofler