burning an iso with gnome defaults -> confusing

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:29:52 UTC 2010

2010/2/1 Christopher Brown <snecklifter at gmail.com>:
> On 15 January 2010 11:03, Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The power savings are minimal. While it's certainly a bug in Brasero
>>> that should be fixed, I wouldn't bother disabling polling.
>>
>> the sum of various minimal savings makes a difference.
>
> ...when traded off against the numerous CDs that get thrown away when
> the user thought they were bad?

Yeah that is a bug that needs to be fixed. Just the burn isnt bad just
because polling is off. The output of the program is plain wrong like
in the other case above. Also just because it can poll the device it
is not a proof that the burn was successful either so i am curious if
that "test" even makes sense at all if you dont compare e.g. checksums
instead of just beeing able to "poll"

I am just curious if upstream doesent care about usability and doesent
listen to input if it is wise to have it as the default burning tool
on the default spin with the default desktop.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl