KDE-SIG meeting report (05/2010)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Feb 2 15:44:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 03:28:03PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 2 February 2010 15:12, Sebastian Vahl <deadbabylon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > * setroubleshoot introduced a hard dependency on gnome-packagekit (#561001)
> > * The dependency should be made generic or setroubleshoot has to be removed
> > from KDE spin.
>
> Is it just a dep on the PackageKit session API? If so can't we just
> add a virtual provide "PackageKit-session" to gnome-packagekit and
> kpackagekit, and switch setroubleshoot to require that?

While you are fixing PackageKit dependencies, can you also remove the
PackageKit-yum-plugin dependency from PackageKit? The plugin seems not
to be necessary, as it can be disabled in
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/refresh-packagekit.conf and still the gnome applet
indicates when there are new updates.

Regards
Till