Two FAS accounts for the same person - permitted?

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Tue Feb 2 16:39:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Seth Vidal wrote:
> Out of curiosity is your point to be antagonistic or are you actually trying
> to improve things?

If cleaning false assumptions and admitting that some areas are real
problems - is improving, that's what I'm doing.

> If it is just the former then you are welcome to NOT be involved.

And pulling out the welcomness from this particular identity is
actually the only thing that can be done - considering the context ;)

> If it is the latter then suggestions are welcome.
>
> Security is a balance. We want more involvement so we tip the scales toward
> more openness.

What I see is only possible way to do that is some kind of
sertificate thing that would require global network of trusted
fedora people (like already met in meetings) able to sign those
fedora contributor certificates after checking the id documents
first (against ban lists).

There are around 200 countries and some have quite long distances,
requiring to meet people face to face doesn't really sound very
feasible. Not being feasible doesn't remove the problem however.

Easier would be to write red warning into wiki that "We actually
don't know who took part of building fedora, so consider yourself
warned."

Didn't someone just crack berlios site to inject something into
projects? In fedora you don't even need to crack anything, you get
invited to commit.

Tuju

--
Ajatteleva ihminen tarvitsee unta.