Board efforts: scope, concept, and permission?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 21:18:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 20:30 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 02:19:35PM -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >Ubuntu is better than Debian
> > <snip>
> >
> > If you honestly believe that, I have pitty on you.
>
> For the market they're aiming at? I don't think there's any doubt at
> all.
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org

From the rapid spread of not just users, but site installs, and even
people buying products, Ubuntu has been a very strong success.  Book
publishers don't like to publish anything Linux unless it has Ubuntu in
the title.  Why?  Ubuntu books outsell Fedora / Red Hat and SuSE
counterparts combined, by a long shot.  They have been very successful
in determining their focus and attacking it with disregard for anything
else and achieving massive penetration into their target.  We cannot say
the same.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!