Board efforts: scope, concept, and permission?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 02:20:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 17:33 -0500, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Let's cut this off right at the top :-)  If a vision for what our products
> are is a problem why don't we have the people producing the products explain
> their vision?  I keep saying that vision for products needs to come from the
> people producing those products, not from the Board or FESCo.

I'm the one creating the "Fedora" product, the DVD that gets so many
downloads, and the thing that gets network installed.  I have no idea
what the vision is for it, because I have no guidance.  I'm just making
it up as I go, continuing to take what was Red Hat Linux and Fedora Core
and trimming it as necessary to fit on a DVD.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!