Board efforts: scope, concept, and permission?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Feb 3 03:38:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 04:30:11 +0100,
  Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > The 9200 does 3d now, but for a while it didn't. OpenGL stuff just started
> > working again shortly before the F12 release. I have one on my primary
> > desktop machine.
>
> For mine, it was perfect in F10, quite buggy in F11, mostly working in the
> F12 release (but Extreme Tux Racer triggered an assertion failure :-( ), now
> with the current updates it basically all works again. That said, there's
> some sluggishness in 3D games (sometimes the image just stops moving for a
> short instant) which seems to point at some remaining issue. I haven't tried
> Rawhide (neither before nor after F12).

I use rawhide a lot on my main desktop now. So I probably see more breakage
than you do. I also have monitors that don't do EDID and that caused me
a lot of grief in the past.

On a related note, it looks like my nv20s might get nouveau support very
soon. Phoronix posted an article today that some new code for mesa that
supports older nvidia cards (through some nv20s) that don't use shaders
is about to get merged to mesa master. (And I'm hoping shows up in rawhide
shortly afterwards.)