Reordering in package changelogs (was Re: rawhide report: 20100129 changes)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Feb 3 11:02:21 UTC 2010

Le Mar 2 février 2010 22:11, Kevin Kofler a écrit :

> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> This changelog style conforms to the existing spec, it has been in use in
>> Fedora for several years, it may surprise you, but changing the spec
>> retroactively is not the way to prove your point.
>
> Uh, the Fedora packaging guidelines DO have the power to change the
> requirements, they're not cast in stone. Even existing changelogs can be
> fixed.

Again, last time changelog was discussed some practises like putting the
version in the changelog header were accepted even though they conflict with
rpm internals (as was re-affirmed again by rpm people).

This is a much bigger problem than your cosmetic issues with my way of using
changelog style #3 (which, incidentally, means my changelogs are not randomly
reordered so in practice it works better than other styles)

--
Nicolas Mailhot