--host=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --target=i686-redhat-linux-gnu ???

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Feb 3 13:20:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On 02/03/2010 10:05 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:

>>> Is either %_host or %_build set based on --target?
>>
>> No... as there's no correct way to map rpm's --target to autotools
>> expectations.
>
> There is: rpm's --target is autoconf's --host

Yes, that's what would be the clean mapping. But as I said in the latter
part (which you cut out here): much/most of the time rpm's --target is
used to specify sub-architecture optimization levels (--target i686 on
i386 or --target i686 on x86_64) which aren't cross-compiles. Just mapping
rpm's --target to autoconf --host causes autoconf to complain in these
situations.

I dont feel quite confortable to changing it to something that causes
"this will not be supported in future" and other warnings.

 	- Panu -