Board efforts: scope, concept, and permission?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 21:26:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 12:54 -0600, inode0 wrote:

> I believe that what fundamentally makes the Fedora Project a great
> place to be is that it is an open community where the participants
> share a group of core values that guide them both individually and
> collectively toward an unwritten end that is worth pursuing

Perhaps the problem is we don't all agree on those core sets of values,
or how those values should guide us to what unwritten end.  Or we
suspect we don't agree because so much of it is unwritten.

If the assumption is that we all share these values, what are they?  The
four F's?  Those are just vague enough to be practically meaningless in
this context.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!