Packaging Committee Meeting Summary (2010-02-03)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:33:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 11:48:52PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 23:46 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> > adf-accanthis-fonts is probably the most recent "complex" font package
> > but I wouldn't vouch the declaration happens exactly in the same order
> > in all font packages. The general pattern is the same but packagers have
> > different tools and habits so slight variations exist.
>
> Anyway here is one occurence of what I worried about in all its glory
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=130814

Yep.

So, while less than ideal from your standpoint of putting the definition of
the subpackage together with the call to the macro, does rearranging things
like this  do the trick?

[Package  info]
[subpackage info]

%prep
[prep stuff]

%build
[build stuff]

%install
[install stuff]

%_font_pkg -n 2 -f %{fontconf}-2.conf AccanthisADFStdNo2-*.otf

Since %_font_pkg is creating %files sections and %pre and %post sections,
that seems like both a valid workaround and where you'd look for those
declarations in a non-font package.

-Toshio