Board efforts: scope, concept, and permission?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 23:41:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 17:05 -0600, inode0 wrote:
> Guilty as charged. The Board, Steering Committees, various guidelines
> exist and have been used to resolve conflicts for years, right?
>
> This is about more than conflict resolution, isn't it? This is about
> giving direction to the efforts of those working on the distribution,
> isn't it? If it isn't, someone should make that very clear now.

Outside of a very very few people, we can only suggest what people work
on.  We can't dictate what people volunteer their time for.  We can
however say what kind of changes and work would be seen as favorable and
likely to find other like minded people to help out with, vs not.  We
can say what we'd /like/ to see marketing target, and what we'd /like/
to see QA focus efforts on.

I see the target audience discussions as both conflict resolution and as
charting a course for where we'd /like/ to see the project go.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!