Packaging Committee Meeting Summary (2010-02-03)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:13:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 08:59:52AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 02:29:18PM -0500, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > SRPM Buildtime macros  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SRPM_Buildtime_macros
>
> Did we consider fixing the bug in RPM/the packaging system instead of
> pushing more work on packagers?

This is not a response to a bug in rpm.  This addresses people trying to put
macros into %descriptions when those macros aren't defined at the time of
build.

Nicolas's argument is that rpm does not automatically detect when he wants
to end his %description and therefore he should be excluded from the
requirement.

-Toshio