Next privilege escalation policy draft

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Feb 6 00:52:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 15:21 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:

> > I don't understand much about utmp and wtmp, but if appropriate they
> > could be specifically excepted from the policy. Ditto the ConsoleKit
> > history. What's the rationale for these being world-readable?
>
> Unix used to be a multiuser OS, apparently. ;)

As I said, I don't understand much about them. i.e., I don't know what
they're used for. i.e., flippant answers aren't terribly helpful. =) I
am terribly sorry for only having shown up within the last decade or so,
I fully appreciate this makes me a terrible Johnny-come-lately...

I can guess from the commands referenced that one or both record recent
login actions, yes?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey